So many times people find it hard to stay on track with their nutrition (myself included) if you read my post about the Top 5 Fitness Tips you know Support is #1.. yes that is true with Nutrition as well- you have to have some type of support to make sure you stay accountable! But that is not what I am here to tell you… I am here to chat about 3 things that I know if I forget to do each week- I will not stay on track…
#1: Meal Plan: You have to set out what you are going to eat each week… even if it is a vague meal plan or its going to change… you have to set yourself up for success!
- *Make a schedule- breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack: If you follow Clean Eating you know 5-6 small meals a day is whats going to help your metabolism!
- *Each meal should have a protein or healthy fat and complex carb (fruit or veggie)
- *You want to try and keep carbs to the early afternoon (not after 6pm or 3 hours before bed)
- *You want to try and keep your fruits to before lunch to make sure your body uses those sugars and they don’t just sit in your body in the evening.
- *You can find a few of my meal plans here: Whole30 Meal Plan , Vegan Meal Plan, Meal Plan
#2: Make your List and Grocery Shop: Make your grocery list based off of your meal plan! (Sometimes I grocery shop and then meal plan, only because I know the foods we like and I know what my kids will eat… so if i make something new i have to go to the grocery store just for those items!)
- *Look at your meal plan and make your list: Produce, Meats, Dairy/Eggs, then the aisle items…
- *SHOP THE PERIMETER and stay away from the aisles as much as possible! Of course you’ll need your frozen veggies and oils/vinegar for dressings or your nut butters, but do those aisles last and have a plan to attack them!
- *Eat before you shop- you are less likely going to stay away from your impulsive buys this way!
#3: MEAL PREP: Take time each week and prep your foods that are on your list and that you bought!
- *Wash, Cut, and portion out your fruits and veggies: you’re less likely going to snack on unhealthy foods this way! Easy to grab and ready to eat!
- *Batch Cook your Chicken/protein for your salads: I make crockpot shredded chicken for the tops of salads, lettuce wraps, or just for the kids to eat. Some people bake their chicken or make salsa/fajita chicken/steak in bulk!
- *Make hard boiled eggs for snacks
- *Portion out your mixed nuts so you can quickly grab with your fruit or veggies!
- *Make your salads/lunches: I have found that even with working from home- if it is made and easily accessible, I will grab that over something unhealthy.
- *Portion everything out or completely make your snacks and lunches.
- *You can make simple breakfast muffins too. Egg Muffins or Banana Bread Muffins.
- *Dinners I have found I make simple- Protein, veggies, carb… but if you like soups or fancy- use the crock pot! Put your meal in in the morning before work- and by dinner time its ready… You will not snack and you will be ready to eat dinner by the time it is done!
These are 3 of my top tips to helping you stay on track each week to set yourself up for success! This is also just a glimpse into what I share with my team and challengers! If you are looking for health and fitness support, message me or fill this form out =)
Also feel free to submit what you would like to hear from me about!