WHO WANTS IN???? ACT FAST!!!! Share with your friends, comment here, and email me! For every Friend you Refer- you get entered into a drawing to win some free Shakeology Packets =)
I absolutely LOVE Mexican food and would eat it everyday if I could, so I had to find a great Fajita recipe to make my own!
Clean Eating Fajitas from Gracious Party
(Makes approximately 6 cups of filling)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 large orange bell pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
- 5 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin lengthwise (about 7 oz. each)
- 1 large red onion, slice thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages of small corn tortillas, no sugar added (24 total)
(Data is for 1/2 cup filling)
Note: Data does not include tortilla
Total Fat: 5 gm
Saturated Fats: 1 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 38 mg
Sodium: 46 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 gm
Dietary fiber: 1 gm
Sugars: 2 gm
Protein: 20 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 2
I use Whole Grain Tortilla’s, Quinoa and Corn Tortilla Chips for chips and salsa, Brown Rice, and Black or pinto beans as a side!
So my mom made pepper stew a few weeks ago and I wanted to make it but a Clean version, so I decided to start with making Tomato Soup! So I found the recipe on SparkPeople and it seemed simple and nutritious!
- 1 large sweet cooking onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, trimmed, tough strings removed, coarsely shopped
- 2 sweet carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp best-quality olive oil
- 2 cups chopped Roma fresh Roma tomatoes or one 28 oz can plum tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock or water.
- 1 tbsp crumbled dried basil
- 1Tbsp crumbled dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch good-quality
- 2 low-sodium chicken or vegetable natural couillon cubes (I also omitted
- powder (optional- i did not use)
1. In heavy stockpot or Dutchoven, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add all chopped vegetables and saute until soft and onion is translucent.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, stock or water, basil, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder and bouillon cubes, Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Using hand blender, puree soup to uniform consistency.
4. Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with a dollop of low-fat yogurt or yougurt cheese. (optional)
Number of Servings: 8
Edemame, Tomato, and Feta Salad with Fresh Basil
I was looking for a Clean Appetizer for my Son’s Birthday Party and My Friend Melanie Mitro said Try the Edemame Salad… DID IT AND YUMMY!!! It was so good and everyone loved it!!! I would add more garlic or red wine for taste, or LESS olive oil =)
This salad was bursting with flavor and it was gorgeous!!!
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
1 tbsp water
1 clove of garlic, minced
3/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound edamame (shelled) cooked
10 medium plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
1/2 cup basil, fresh, cut into ribbons
1 small uncooked red onion finely sliced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
To make dressing, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, water, garlic, salt and pepper, set aside.
In a large serving bowl, combine edamame, tomatoes, basil and onion; toss with dressing and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Also Try this for DESSERT!!!!!
Chicken Stir Fry
1 1/2 pounds of Chicken Breast Cut to bite size pieces
Fresh Vegetables (or frozen): I used Broccoli, zucchini, edemame, Green beans, peppers, and Onion
1tbsp of Garlic and Onion Powder and Low Sodium Lit Soy Sauce to taste
- Put Chicken in skillet with 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Garlic and Onion Powder, on Medium-High until cooked
- Add Vegetables and Soy sauce, place lid over, reduce heat to low-medium and cook until vegetables are cooked!
- Serve and Enjoy!
Individual Chicken Pot Pies with Biscuits
– Olive Oil cooking spray
– 1lb chicken breasts skinned – diced
– 1 large yellow onion
– 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 4 tsp fresh thyme – minced
– 2T whole wheat flour
– Fresh ground pepper
– ¾ cup skim milk
– 2 ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
– 2 cups plus 2 tsp whole wheat flour
– 1T baking powder
– 1 tsp soda
– ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
– 1T safflower or olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F
2. Prepare filling: heat a large cast iron or ovenproof nonstick pan over medium-high hear for one minute. Mist with cooking spray. Sauté chicken until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
3. Add onion and carrots. Sauté until onion is slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add peas and sauté for 1 minute or until thawed.
4. Stir in broth and thyme and cook until broth is warmed, about 2 minutes. Stir in 2T of flour and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly until broth is thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with pepper and turn off heat, but do not remove pan from element.
5. Begin preparing biscuits: Pour milk in a cup, then add vinegar to milk. Let stand for two minutes.
6. In a large mixing bowl, 2 cups of whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (optional). Stir in milk-vinegar mixture, a quarter cup at a time. Add oil and then add remaining 2T flour. (The dough will be slightly sticky. If it’s too sticky, add another T or 2 of flour.)
7. Using your hands, four 12 small biscuits about 2 inches in diameter. (You can dust your hands with a little bit of flour to make this easier.) Ladle chicken-veggie mixture into 4 large ramekins, individual casserole dishes or soup tureens, about three-quarters of a cup per serving. Place 3 biscuits on top of each ramekin and place all ramekins onto a cookie sheet or baking pan lined with aluminum foil. (The biscuits will bake on top of the chicken-veggie mixture.) Place pan on rack in middle of oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until chicken-veggie mixture is bubbling and biscuits are slightly browned on top.
I got this recipe from a Coach of mine, Emily who found it in the Clean Eating Recipe Book.
*The biscuits were really good!! I will make these again with chili!- Emily
Clean Eating Oatmeal RecipesWhen you eat oatmeal every morning, it can become a little dull if you don’t get creative. I LOVE my Oatmeal, But I needed to find some alternatives, so I have been trying some new Recipes From Gracious Pantry! They all have been PRETTY DELISH! (I’ve also came up with my own names, because I like to try and be creative with my healthy food!)
1 cup cooked oatmeal
1/2 cup soy milk1/4 cup walnuts 1/2 banana 1/4 cup blackberries 1 tbsp. wheat germ
|Apple Blossom 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1/2 cup almond milk 1/4 cup hazelnuts (chopped) 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 small apple (chopped)|
|Banana Bread 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1 banana 1/2 cup soy milk 1 tbsp. oat bran 1 tbsp. Almonds|
|Cranberry Nut 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 cup cranberries 1/4 cup almonds 1/2 cup non fat milk|
|Orange Cranberry 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 tsp. orange extractZest of 1 orange 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 cup cranberries 1/4 cup almonds 1/2 cup non fat milk|
|1 cup cooked oatmeal 1/2 cup almond milk 1/4 cup walnuts 1 Dash of Cinnamon|
|1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 banana 1 tbsp. oat bran 1 tbsp. wheat germ 1 tbsp. ground flax seed 1/2 cup non fat milk|
|1 cup cooked oatmeal 1/2 cup almond milk 1 small apple 1/4 cup almonds|
|Sweet Treat 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tsp. cinnamon 3 tsp. agave 1 tsp. molasses 4 prunes – chopped or 1/4 cup of raisins 1/4 cup walnuts|
|1 cup cooked oatmeal 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1 scoop protein powder 1/2 cup fat free milk|
Similar to Take Me on Vacation Oatmeal
1 cup cooked oatmeal 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 fresh mango 2 tbsp. ground flax seed 2 tbsp. raw wheat germ 1/4 cup pecans 1/2 cup light coconut milk 1 scoop whey protein powder 1/2 tbsp. agave
|Peachy Pie 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 tbsp. clean granola 1 fresh peach 1 scoop whey protein powder 1/2 cup milk or soy milk|
|Strawberry Shortcake 1 cup cooked oatmeal 1 tbsp. chia seeds 1/4 cup walnuts 1//2 cup strawberries 1 tsp. honey 1/2 cup non-fat milk|
|Chocolate Covered Raspberries 1 cup cooked oats 2 tbsp. flax seed (meal) 1 tsp. dark cocoa powder 1/2 cup berries 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (non fat)- optional 1 tbsp. agave|
|Strawberry Dream 1 cup cooked oats 1/2 cup strawberries 1/4 cup almonds 1/2 tps. vanilla 1/2 tsp. cinnamon|
|Pumpkin Pie 1 cup cooked oats 1/4 cup pumpkin puree 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. vanilla 2 tsp. flax seed (ground) agave or honey to taste|
|Chocolate Covered Banana with Nuts 1 cup cooked oats 2 tsp. dark cocoa powder 1 scoop whey protein powder 1 banana 1/4 cup pecans 1 tbsp. agave|