21 Day Fix Extreme: Turkey Chili Recipe (makes 6 servings 1 cup each)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2lb raw 93% lean ground turkey (i used 99% lean- kids thought it was ground chicken)
- medium onion, chopped
- medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 clovers, garlic, chopped (i minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea or himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 2 (15 oz)cans black or pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) all natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add Turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne, cook-stir for 1 min.
- Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve Warm!
1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 yellow