I am always trying to fire up my metabolism and switch up what I eat to shock my body and Burn Fat! I currently tried going Vegan- did not work well so I added Egg Whites because I was having a hard time with getting enough Protein!!! So I wanted to switch things up YET again!!! My Favorite is and always will be the Abs Diet, But these food are great too (and very similar to my abs diet!)
Health Magazine has great tips and recipes!
Want to Boost your metabolism: Fuel your body with these foods!
- Whole Grains: Your body burns twice as many calories breaking down whole foods (especially those rich in fiber such as oatmeal and brown rice) than processed foods.
- Lean Meats: Protein has a high thermogenic effect: You burn about 30% of the calories the food contains during digestion (so a 300-calorie chicken breast requires about 90 calories to break it down). for a list of lean meats click here.
- Low Fat Dairy Products: Rich in calcium and vitamin D, these help preserve and build muscle mass—essential for maintaining a robust metabolism. ***I have recently cut out dairy, so I get my calcium and Vitamin D from: Almonds, Broccoli, Kale, Oatmeal and Sesame Seed, Figs, Salmon, black eyed peas, and Orange Juice are other great Calcium sources! Fish, eggs, and mushrooms are a great Vitamin D source
- Great Tea: Drinking four cups of green tea a day helped people shed more than six pounds in eight weeks, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reports. Credit EGCG, a compound in the brew that temporarily speeds metabolism after sipping it. To up your intake, keep a jug of iced tea in the fridge.
- Lentils: One cup packs 35% of your daily iron needs—good news, since up to 20% of us are iron- deficient. When you lack a nutrient, your metab slows because the body’s not getting what it needs to work efficiently, says Tammy Lakatos Shames, RD, co-author of The Secret to Skinny.
- Hot Peppers: I love me some SPICE!!!! Capsaicin, the compound that gives chili peppers their kick, heats up your body, which makes you melt additional calories. You can get it by eating raw, cooked, dried, or powdered peppers, says Lakatos Shames. “Add as much cayenne or hot sauce as possible to soups, eggs, and meats.