Control your PORTIONS : “Don’t eat until you are FULL; eat until you’re NOT HUNGRY.”
- In general you want to eat ½ what the chef prepares for you at a restaurant! (ask for a box right away and put ½ away)
- 4oz of lean meat (chicken, tuna, ground turkey)- measure by the palm of your hand! And 1-2 tablespoons of dressing (JUST TO TASTE) these are ADEQUATE portion sizes!
- Control your Calorie intake and Portion Size: Your daily exercise will increase the amount of calories you burn, so make sure you eat FEWER calories than you burn (get a heart rate monitor and wear it all day!) approx. burn 300 calories every 30 min of rigorous activity
- Recommended if you are trying to “trim fat” goal calories should be 1200-1500 per day (use myfitnesspal.com/ app on smart phone to calculate) DO NOT GO LOWER THAN THAT… your body will go into starvation mode and will RESET your metabolism
- 500 calories eaten less than burned a day= 1lb of fat lost a week
- ONLY add calories when you feel you need more energy
FOOD IS FUEL!
For more great tips and advice Join my Team and our Support group! www.teambeachbody.com/nminton24