Do you love the crunch or the saltiness of Chips? Yes potato chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, any chip out there. What is it about chips that you LOVE or need?
I have never been a fan of potato chips, but get me tortilla/ corn chips or pita chips and it is all over! So when trying to lose weight and get healthy I had to find some alternatives to fix my craving of salty and crunchy. Here are just a few that I came up with, because these are what I like, so I hope they help you as well!
- Dried Fruit, especially Banana or Apricot Chips
- Fruit: Apples, Peaches, Jicama, and Pineapple (many others as well)
- Veggies: Carrots, Celery, Cucumbers, Peppers, Edamame
- Nuts and Seeds, sea salt or unsalted (always seem to work for me)
- Popcorn (homemade is best, but always un buttered) make your own and you can spice it how you like =)
- Rice Cakes (work for crunchy as well)
- Take a sweet potato, zucchini, red potato, egg plant, or any other veggie that you can think of- slice thinly, drizzle with EVOO, add sea salt/ Himalayan salt, bake in oven on 225 for 30-50 minutes, rotate and bake for additional 20 min or until crisp
- Slice apples, peaches, or any fruit, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 30-50 min on 300
- Take Kale cut, rinse, pat dry with paper towel and drizzle with EVOO and any spice you may like and bake on 400 for 15 min or follow recipe
- Take chickpeas and roast Follow this recipe
- Juice or make a smoothie with your favorite fruits and veggies! (My favorite is Carrots, apple, and beets!)
You can find many alternatives if you search! Depending on what your goals are, you can but chip alternatives in the stores and you can find some options at Skinnyscoop.com